Monday 14 September 2015

Battle Royale | Movie Review



First off, let me just say how much I actually enjoyed watching this movie!? To be honest, I went to watch it twice. Normally, anything gore and violence themed? Not my thing. But I guess that I am glad that I still gave it a try! Battle Royale would probably be the first for me to see heads & knives  flying everywhere like the cannons that bursts on Fourth of July. Literally. 
It kinda seem like as if it's the same plot from Hunger Games? Where a random class of people are being packed off to an island where they'll be given weapons to eliminate each other. & only one survivor remaining. But I'd think it is a possible inspiration for it instead. I did felt uncomfortable by that mix of humour and horror all at once, the movie just seemed too epic! Even for the matter that the "villain" here is not the teacher, Kitano-sensei. Which I would say.. kind of a plot-twist. 
But seriously though, what would I have done? (Personal Analogy) 
If there was a way, I would want to be killed before the game even started. I would not risk killing anyone if I could. I know I would not survive long. Haha, I sound like a total scared-y cat! But then again I think thats what most would wish for, I guess? So if say I did have the guts to survive, I would want to be with the group of guys hiding out tryna make the explosives. At least I would know that I tried hard and smart. But still get killed in the end. I would think there are many of my classmates that can possibly turn unconsciously & psychotically strategic in killing anyone and everyone. For example, I think someone unexpected like Lynn? Or maybe Keisha? Someone really unexpected and unpredictable! Who knows who could survive till the end.. 


All in all, I think constantly discovering new themes/genres of movie, can help us in building up creativity. Especially with things that we are not fond of, or use to most of the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Creative Thinking Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger